Saturday, July 18, 2009

Wife Gets Inconsiderate Jerk Arrested

Ok, my title is a bit of hyperbole (nobody was actually arrested).

Yesterday, Wife had a few errands to run. When it was time to come home, she was exhausted - as you would expect of an 8-month pregnant woman that has been out all day. Instead of walking two miles home, she decided to jump on the subway. The subway car was rather crowded with someone sitting in every seat. But in row reserved for those with disabilities only had one perfectly healthy woman sitting in it. The woman had a large duffel bag thrown on the seat which took up the three seats next to her. So, you can do the math: a row designated for those with disabilities which should seat four was only being used by one. A clearly pregnant, and exhausted, Wife asked the woman if she could sit down. The woman coldly replied, "I'm not moving my bag." Wife looked at her, "Are you serious?" The woman repeated, "I'm not moving my bag." A gentleman in another row called out, "Ma'am, take my seat." Wife thanked him profusely and sat down. The gentleman then pulled out his police badge and his citation book. For the rest of her subway ride, Wife was entertained by an irritated undercover cop giving the inconsiderate woman a lecture that personal belongings are not permitted on seats and that in a crowded subway the healthy people sitting in the disability row need to let pregnant woman sit down. This lecture was given as the undercover cop filled out the paperwork for this woman's citation. She really should have just moved her bag over a few inches.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's Karma!!!

Love,

Father's Dad

Jack Freeman said...

Not bad at all! I love it when that happens. My sister and I are both injured veterans, and though I normally stand anyway, it angers me when a healthy person would refuse to give up their seat, or to move their belongings from an extra seat. Good on you and yours, mate.

Unknown said...

:-)

Anonymous said...

Had I been the pregnant woman, I would have said "OK", and sat down on top of the bag.